Job description: Project advisor business finance (Intern)
Bonaire became a Special Municipality of The Netherlands in 2010.
A decade later progress has been achieved but much remains to be done.
It seems that entrepreneurs on Bonaire need to overcome two challenges when starting a (new) business venture:
1. inadequate capacity on project management
2. unsuitable funding for businesses and projects.
Where projects have funding, they aren’t executed well enough.
Where good ideas are present, there is a lack of adequate funding. Ironically, this is happening at a time where there is a surplus of finance in the world looking for better returns.
Are you interested in an internship in which you could research and advise whether an additional provider of business/project financing such as a Bonaire Development Bank could address the challenges of business financing and lack of capacity?
- Do you know how to analyze problems and provide creative and innovative solutions?
- Are you interested in collaborating and working with stakeholders on Bonaire to research the possibility of a Bonaire Development Bank?
You are in the right place with us. As an intern, you will be part of a team dedicated to this project. Together with the team you will research and analyze the possibilities of a development bank on Bonaire.
By collaborating with local entities and stakeholders on Bonaire and analyzing the experience of the Dutch Ministries with Dutch regional development agencies (and/or other relevant entities).
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) is a government agency which operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy. We support entrepreneurs, NGOs, knowledge institutions and organizations. We aim to facilitate entrepreneurship, improve collaborations, strengthen positions and help realize national and international ambitions with funding, networking, know-how and compliance with laws and regulations.
At RVO, you respond to the needs of entrepreneurs in innovative ways with your curiosity and creativity. As a researcher, you will analyze the possibility of a development bank on Bonaire by working together with local entities and stakeholders. You will keep track of current developments in this area and know how to indicate them in relevant information for these stakeholders. In order to conduct research on this subject, you are occupied 5 days a week with complex issues of business financing and entrepreneurship on Bonaire.
You can clearly put complex topics and issues into words or highlight them. You do this in a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues who, like you, focus on international entrepreneurship.
- You are part of the team Cooperation Dutch Caribbean at RVO.
- You support the department and research the possibilities and challenges of a Bonaire Development Bank.
- You will work together with Mindful Enterprise and other stakeholders on Bonaire to analyze the risks, opportunities and possible structure of a development bank.
You will investigate if an additional provider of business finance such as a Bonaire Development Bank is a potential solution to the lack of capacity and finance for small, medium and large scale projects. If so, you will investigate the requirements for the construction of the BDB. If not, you will research and analyze what is still missing.
- You are a HBO or WO bachelor/master student (or recent graduate) studying (or working in) one of the following fields: Public Finance, Finance, Economics, Development Studies, Consulting, or similar.
- You are enthusiastic and have a proactive work attitude.
- You can work in a collaborative working environment.
- You have excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Dutch is a bonus.
Employment: Intern – Internship supervisor :
Caitlin Heide and Ronald Vermeeren.
- Minimum hours per week: 32
- Maximum number of hours per week: 40
Location The Hague – online, work from home and at the office
Hours per week 36-40
Compensation Euro 628 per month (40 hours)
Level HBO/WO Bachelor
Field (Public) Finance, Economics, Consulting, Development Studies
Deadline for response: December 4, 2020
Placement date November 13, 2020
Period 6 months
Starting date Preferably December 14, 2020