Place of work: Mental Health Foundation, St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean
Start date: 1st of February
Contract type: Fulltime 40 hours a week, duration is One year with the option for a permanent contract after the first year after positive evaluation.
MHF is a not-for-profit organization: working locally and regionally, the foundation continues to develop as a primary and secondary provider and strengthens and preserves its care products. MHF is doing this by optimizing the current care proposition, whereby it makes clear the choices in respect to the products it will continue to deliver.
The foundations mission statement: to make available quality psychiatric care, based on agreed budgets and tariffs, by providing guidance and therapy to individuals and groups. The foundation hopes to prevent acute and unsafe situations for patients and families by recommending alternative lifestyles to individuals and families and monitoring their progress.
The vision: the foundation maintains a professional and integral approach, broadly supported by the population and guaranteeing continuity of mental health care. All possible will be done to achieve the mission of the foundation by proposing innovations and participating in the planning and the execution of the innovations.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Financial Administrator/Accountant to control and support our daily financial operations, resources and systems, including internal control checks for the efficient and smooth running of its daily financial administration. As part of the Foundation’s Resources and Operational Support/Administration team, the applicant will first and foremost work closely with the other finance specialist in the team and all other Managerial staff within the Foundation. As required the applicant will also regularly collaborate with relevant projects such as budget preparation, ensure that the budgets are maintained and work with independent Auditors annually. The applicant reports directly to the Board and Director of the foundation and must be able to submit monthly financial reports.
- Day-to-day Operational and financial accounting, including routine bookkeeping tasks such as;
- preparing, financial reports and other types of requests for funds (accounts receivables)
- controlling processed payments via e-banking (accounts payables)
- controlling mission expense and reimbursement statements along with filing proof and receipts
- As a team, prepare quarterly financial statements, including internal cost reallocations, deferrals, variance analysis and other related reporting specifications
- As a team, compile the Institute’s annual financial statement and assist with the preparations for the Institute’s annual audit of financial statement.
- Tax declaration, reporting and other official reporting to financers of care
- Cash flow planning and updating
- Manage project-specific audits with designated external auditor
- Controls corporate credit card account
- Provide support to the Institute’s annual budgeting process
- In the context of executing all above and related tasks, post holder must know, apply and adhere to the financial procedural rules and policies of the Institute, including internal control frameworks, and other relevant policies as such may apply.
- A degree in accounting, finance or business administration; or related field or university degree with a professional qualification in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years relevant job experience; such work experience in a not-for-profit health care organization is an advantage, but not a requisite.
- Advance skills and demonstrated experience in the use of MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Knowledgeable about St. Maarten Tax laws
- Experience in financial reporting for projects, including preparing project-specific expenditure and forecast reports, and coordinating their respective external audit requirements is an advantage.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently, with minimal supervision, flexibility and open-mindedness, whilst also being able to engage as an effective team player
- Motivation and interest to work for an not-for-profit health care organization
- Solid Dutch and English language skills in writing and speaking;
We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic team spirit. The work is both routine and varied and offers scope for initiative and innovation. The salary is competitive.
Please send your written application including Resume, letter of motivation, reference letters and contact details of three professional references no later than 27 January 2021 via email to: Human Resources Manager Mrs. Carina Ellis-Romney via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply via this website (see below).
For further information, please contact Lila Jones via email address email@example.com